RESPONSE TO "MY DOG IS BREAKING MY HEART"

I wanted to thank you ladies who gave me great advise on my dog peeing on my carpet. I took her to the vet and had her urine tested through a spinning process to check her cells and it came back as positive for a bladder infection. She has been on antibiotics and is not going on the floor anymore. She is faithfully using her pads again. Thank you for your thoughts.

passionmom119

Asked by passionmom119 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pets

• Thank goodness. I am glad to hear she is doing better.

Answer by Bmat at 10:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I didn't read your first question, but I am glad she is doing better!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• YAY!! Happy that you were able to get her in and get it solved!! Remember this may be a chronic thing and dont skip any meds. Keeping her on them the full amount is VERY important and then checking the urine at the end of the antibiotics to make sure it is completely gone too. Sometimes dogs respond differently to antibiotics so if it isn't completely cleared up then they may need another weeks worth or a different kind! Good Luck!!
    crazyfilly

Answer by crazyfilly at 4:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009