Do you know a child or do you have a child that has had a negative reaction to vaccines?

Or suspect that the child had a negative affect from them?
This is not a debate.
I'm just wanting to know how many people on here have experienced this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Health

• Not personally. But I've "met" many mothers online that have negative experiences with them. Enough that I chose to delay vaccines until my LO's were 2 years old.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I know someone who blames her DD's problems in school on a vaccine reaction. She never read to her, never helps at home, and her daughter misses a ton of school. I don't see what her problems have to with vaccines and no doctor has ever said it has anything to do with vaccines. I think some people jump to conclusions and like to blame things on vaccines when there is not clear evidence that vaccines had anything to do with it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• There's not clear evidence that the vaccine's DIDN'T have anything to do with it either though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No. Both my sons are on the recommended vaccination schedule and we've not had any problems. I have to set up my eldest child for his 5 year vaccines soon.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 11:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• "There's not clear evidence that the vaccine's DIDN'T have anything to do with it either though". - I think there IS. How many hundreds of thousands of children get vaccinations every year that have no problems with them?
    smesser

Answer by smesser at 11:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• May I ask smesser. How many hundreds of children that get vaccines do have problems right after getting them? Have you even did the research? Because I have. If you did do the research you'd know thousands of children have had problems soon after getting vaxed.
    Anonymous

• This isn't a child but a girl my age(22) who got Gardisil and had an anaphylactic(sp) reaction.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well 3 of DH's cousins are autistic and 2 of their parents beleive it was triggered in part by vaccines. That being said my first was partly vaccinted on a delayed schedule (he has what a 6 month old is supposed to have, ,but it took 12 months to get them) when I decided to stop all together because of the reaction he had to the DTaP he got at 12 months. He had 2 other doses before and had really high fevers and red spots (I know it was from that shot because it was the ONLY one he got) and the third dose at 12 months he screeched and screamed for a day or so and had a terribly high fever and red spot. My second has had no vaxes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009