Where is a good place to meet men?

I dated my kid's father for 19 years and I broke up with him a little over a year ago. I have not dated at all since then and now I am ready to start dating again but have no idea where to meet someone nice. I can meet creepy men anywhere but can't find the good ones. I go to church but I haven't found anyone, I take classes at the local college but I only see young boy (early 20s) and I am in my mid 30s, and I don't want anyone that young anyway. I even tried online dating. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to look?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I would ask my friends and family f they know of any men that are not only available but are full of good character. These kinds of men ARE far and few between. My second time around I held firm to my list of good qualities a man must have and sure enough, it was worth the wait. I have the last man left. LOL Not really, but sometimes i've wondered. HAHA!! I can't say, in all the men I met before this one, that they possessed the good qualities that would make for a happier and nicer life for the both of us. I made sure that I worked on my own character and situation so that it would be appealing to only the good guys too. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I've had some good experiences with on-line dating. You have to go in with an open mind and be very cautious. Don't on any date thinking he'll be your soul mate. If you go in with no expectations and just relax, you'll have a good time. Don't rush into a relationship. Dating really can be fun if you allow it to be a fun experience as opposed to a hunt for the perfect guy. Nobody's perfect. Everyone has an agenda. It's up to you to figure out if the person you're going out with has the same idea in mind: is he dating just for fun or does he ultimately working toward being in a stable relationship. Ask questions and just enjoy the ride! As for where to meet the good men, I don't really know. Just be open to meeting people. You never know what life will bring you. Good luck!
    MonicaJaye

Answer by MonicaJaye at 11:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• maybe your friends know someone, dont worry if you cant find someone right away, the right person is there somewhere and you will eventually find him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I met my wonderful boyfriend 2 years ago online through match.com. I've known other friends who've met their SO/husbands online. As the other poster said - go in with an open mind and just enjoy meeting different people for coffee and conversation. Write a light hearted profile and post nice pictures of yourself. The online personals worked so well for me because I have a full time job and a daughter who was 11 at the time so I was unable to meet men any other way. Plus, this was a good way of screening potential dates before even meeting them.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When you arent looking is when you will find someone.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would start hanging out in book stores... Dont look though. Just go and enjoy yourself. Have a coffee or hot chocolate, read, and if the right guy is there...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009