How do I read my Answer OPK test strips?

My tests have been very close, if not the same as the control line on wed, thurs, fri and noon yesterday, at 7 last night it was a definite negative. There is a dark line along the left side of the test line, was I supposed to read that? Ialso had a tiny tiny bit of brown spotting in my CM yesterday. I have no idea when I ovulated

ladyofthelake

Asked by ladyofthelake at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OPK's never worked for me. My results were always crazy and hard to read. I got the best results with www.fertilityfriend.com. It pinpoints exactly when ovulastion occurs and there is no guessing.
    Anonymous

• There are 2 lines on the test. the test line and the control line, on the strips (not the 7pack that looks like the hpt) the one on the left is the test line where the one on the right is the control line, keeping that in mind and assuming they are the same- your line on the left is the one that you need to have that is AS dark or darker than the one on the right. so they day that the lines were just like each other is probably the day you O'ed or the day right before. Good luck!
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 11:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009