how long did it take for you to get your period after having a baby?

i had my son almost 5 months ago and still haven't had a period.

LittleLiam

Asked by LittleLiam at 3:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Health

• I bled forever after I had my son (it seemed like) and then was regular afterwards but everyone is different. Have you asked your dr?
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 4:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Are you breast feeding? I didn't have a period with any of mine until about 1 or 2 months after I stopped breast feeding.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Um, when I didn't get my period after the bleeding from the delivery, I went to the doctor, and guess what? I was pregnant again! They are 9.5 months apart...is this a possibility? Good Luck:)
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i bleed for 4wks after and 2wks after i stopped there was my period.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I didnt stop bleeding for a long time...like 2 months..then it stopped then it started again...i think the normal amount of time is around 4-5 weeks but everyone is different...ask your doctor about it... Is there a chance your pregnant again?? i got pregnant 4 months after i had my first...
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 10:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• It depends if you are breastfeeding as that can delay your menses. I BF all my kids and still got my period back at 6 weeks for each child, though my midwife never got her period during the first year of any of her children.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 1:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• for one child i didn't have one for 14 months, another child became twins (well, kinda trips) really fast...if you feel "funny" at all, get checked for pg; otherwise, if you're really worried, have the hormone levels checked. good luck
    mrscush

Answer by mrscush at 5:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2008