''THE PILL'' what one do you recomend?

Been taking loestrin 24 and gained 12 pds in 3 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Yaz is the best pill out there very little side effects and it helps with many problems that are associated with PMS. And I would deffenetly stay away from non "pill" birth control such as nuva ring or the patch these can cause searious emotional side effects.
    sillamagilla

Answer by sillamagilla at 12:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Im taking Ortho Tri Cyclin LO and i have not gained any weight from it, Ive actually lost weight.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 11:25 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I take Ortho Tri Cyclin too and I love it. I don't get a period now that I've been on it almost a year, and it cleared up my adult acne. My nurse prac. tried putting me on a lower hormone pill and I had spotting, cramping and acne...I couldn't wait to see her and tell her I needed to go back on Ortho Tri Cyclin.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm on the shot... the pill didn't work for me at all.. which is why I'm a mommy now :)... not complaining, I love my little girl. But I wish we were a little more financially stable before we had her.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• None! Do natural family planning. Its the best plus your not putting hormones into your body! Also, when your ready to have another baby its easier since you know your cycle so well. Google it!
    Anonymous

• I used to use the Nuva Ring. all the pills made me bitchy or they were so low in hormones they made me spot for 2 weeks. The Nuva Ring was perfect for me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Uh, contraception isn't new. It's a good idea to investigate all your options and protect yourself unless you're ready to get sick, gigantic and have a baby. Babies are lovely, I have two but seeking out the best pill is important if that's your preference. The trick is, you may have to try several and there isn't a quick answer as usually you need three months per pill to adequately assess side effects. What works well for some may be terrible for you. It depends on your body. Consult your GYN. I was on several for ten years including Ortho Tri Cyclen and end ended up with a diaphram but I was married. Still, it always worked.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2009