If it ment the safty of Americans, would you be for putting up a better border fence?

I have been keeping up with the drug violence in Mexico and how the border towns are the worse! This is my back yard so I am a bit worried I won't lie. I am hoping that because I am so far north that the violence will stay south. But what if it starts to spill over into the states? Would you be for a better fence and better border security if it meant that someone you dont even know will not be an innocent victim? Because I am.

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 11:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Someone asked why we aren't securing the nothern border (between the US and Canada) with a fence too. It's not racism, as was implied. Canada does not send armed troops in the US in the middle of the night to nose around, doing God knows what. Canada does not have 15 million citizens living in the US illegally, causing crime and using the hospitals, schools and other social programs without paying taxes and more coming every day. If that was the case, there'd be people crying for a fence between Canada and the US, too. Some people do not understand the the US is supposed to be a sovereign nation, by and for Americans. Others are welcome at the specified rate to become citizens in the legal manner. The rest are LAWBREAKERS and should be deported. Not all the illegals are Mexican citizens either, but a lot of illegals travel to Mexico and then come into the US through the broken southern border.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• if it STARTED to spill over to the states? oh man its already been POURED out into the states. Here in arizona its bad. majorly and they are slowly doing a LOT of stuff to secure it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I am all in favor of the fence!!!!! This is serious and the authorities needs to be on top of this situation.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 11:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Oh really! I haven't heard that. Everything that I have heard is that it hasn't gotten to the states yet. Not cool...
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• oh yeah!! man there was just a HUGE bust here in the valley the other day.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No to the fence. You are stereotyping a whole race and nationality.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How about a fence for Canada or are those "poeple" the right race and nationality where no fence is needed? Americans are the real trash here. If Americans were not doing drugs, there would not be an issue, would there? Or if we did not surpress the poor and had open trade, this would also not be an issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How about we put up a wall to keep people in and out? You know, like they had in Berlin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yeah thats what they are doing Anon. Do you live near the border or in the north? If you are not seeing what is in the news then you have no idea. It's not a stereotyping . It's a safety issue not a "mexican" thing. NOT ALL MEXICANS ARE DRUG DEALER! No frikin way. I can see that. I am talking about the safety of Americans.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• wth? lol no fence needed?

NO FENCE NEEdED when cops and innocent people are getting killed and murdered? are you serious?

everyone does drugs somewhere in the world and OUR country is the one that is trying to help secure OUR country from it and from the people bringing it here and from the people that are illegal driving drunk killing little kids, innocent people shooting people.
    IM 100% ALL FOR IT!!!! I HOPE NONE OF THEM CAN JUST SNEAK OVER HERE WITH DRUGS

and yes, the canadian border is no where NEAR how the mexico border is. so of course, we are going to work on the border that is the biggest threat to us first. duh
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2009