Levsin???

My 2 month old was prescribed Levsin....hes also already on Zantac for reflux. The Levsin is for gas, he has trouble taking his bottles....but I dont want to keep medicating him!! hes so little i dont feel comfortable. Does anyone have any experience with Levsin for their infant??

KasonsMom

Asked by KasonsMom at 3:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no experience with the medication, but have you tried different types of bottles? I loved the ones with the replaceable liners, really limited the amount of air ingested. When mine were that little I would swaddle them tightly on their tummies, and burp them like that to help release the gas.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• yes....we have tried everything the med is a last resort. we tried every bottle and nipple-playtex drop ins are the best for him. we tried mylicon- didnt work. we bicycle, massage, etc- doesnt work. he is only having problems during his bottle. his zantac was recently increased- no help... i just dont want him to be in pain
    KasonsMom

Answer by KasonsMom at 5:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i kmow you said you tried every bottle even dr.browns?
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• yes every one lol..i wish any of them solved it!
    KasonsMom

Answer by KasonsMom at 6:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Did you try the Gentle Naturals for Colic? Your baby doesn't have to have colic, it's good for gas. We used Mylicon on my first son and that made it worse sometimes. The all natural stuff worked much better.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008