Why is it okay for Timothy Geithner to not pay his taxes to the IRS?????

Obama has made his want of Geithner for the head of the IRS public. Yet this same man did not pay taxes owed until the light was shined on that fact. Joe the plumber was crucified by the media and here for the $1,000 he owed in back taxes. Why does Geithner, who should have known better, get a free pass from everybody, but not Joe the Plumber??? Geithner says he forgot to pay them. What do you think would happen if everyone "forgot". ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not OK and he WILL have to pay it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Joe the plumber was crucified bc he was running his mouth about a lot of things that applied to him. He recieved welfare benefits and also didn't make over 250,000 a year. He was just plain stupid. From what I have read-this was an honest mistake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It isnt ok and he will end up having to pay them either way. Its just sad that Obama seems to have all these weird sorts surrounding him. Chicago Politics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How does an intelligent man FORGET to pay taxes? He owes more in taxes than the average American made last year. He will pay them back now that it has come to light, but I was question his ethics and would NOT want him in a position of power.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• why bc he forgot? You've never forgotten something? He'll have to pay them just the same as everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Joe the plumber was crucified because he asked questions that Obama didn't have answers for. He was unfairly investigated by the media and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Who cares if Joe did get welfare or if he DID or DIDNOT make $250,000 a year? He was asking a question. Obama didn't want to answer. Plain and simple. As far as this Geinther guy is concerned, he probably WON'T have to pay, his attornies and advisors will figure a way out for him.
    Anonymous

• No I have never forgotten to pay Uncle Sam and I am sure if I had id be in alot of trouble. Try it. Get back to me after your audit.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It is not okay and he will have to pay the tax man. The tax man cometh and he will take all you own if you do not pay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• He will pay it. IRS doesn't fk around with anyone.
    Anonymous

• Hey, Mr. Tax Man! Eat my shorts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2009