How can I get vaseline out of my 3 yr olds hair?!

I have tried everything I can think of.. dish soap, baby shampoo, my shampoo, selsum blue, irish spring bath gel, cornstarch and a clairfying shampoo and apple cider vineger. NOTHING is working. If anyone has any words of wisdom, please, please share!!

Shanon in AZ

chyna1974

Asked by chyna1974 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• just keep washing it unitl it comes out that what i did
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Try combing her hair with a fine tooth comb and wiping the comb off as you go. The comb will catch the excess and it will build up on it. Oh and sometimes getting it out will require you to actually make it greasier. Adding baby oil will help emulsify it and make the vaseline thinner, making it easier to get out.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It's funny you ask this b/c another lady just asked this in one of my groups. After trying many things (and trying again), she said she finally doused her 2 daughter's (long hair) in baby powder, then combed through it and washed w/ shampoo. Hope this helps!
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 12:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• using agrease cutting strong dish soap like Dawn and hot water soak will pull it out but will take more than one washing to get it all all washed away , make sure that it as hot as the child could stand it ,not just luke warm it will take twice as long to get it melting from clump of goo.
    Best-Adrianao5

Answer by Best-Adrianao5 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i was gonna say baby powder too!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i have a three year old and he did that before i couldnt get it out.. but then my mother in law suggested v05 green tea shampoo and it came right out!!! hope this helps...
    irishmama0607

Answer by irishmama0607 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2009