Do you consider taxes a legal

way for the Government to act like a criminal entitiy without breaking bones ? Take, take, take from the people and what are we really getting in return?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope! BIG government steals our money away! How fair is it...you pay taxes on money you earn, money you spend, and money to leave when you die? The government gets paid for you to "own" a home(pretty much just renting the land from the government), they get paid for you working your ass off, and they get paid for you to feed your family. Whomever thinks that our government NEEDS the money just doesn't get it. If schools were privately run, roads privately controlled(like they used to be) and the government stopped trying to dip their greedy fingers into everything this country would be a MUCH MUCH better place!
    Anonymous

• Yes. Legal robbery without a gun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Nah I dont. I realize some tax we have to pay to have decent roads, schools etc. But when its taxes that are stupid like the Obese tax on sweets, or what not then yeah I think its wrong. No govt should tell people or punish them for wanting to be fat, wanting to smoke etc. I think most people can comprehend they should watch what they eat and should not smoke. We dont need a govt so big it impedes on our rights.

Answer by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Roads, health, Education, FREEDOM!! I don't have anything to complain about here. I will happlily pay my taxes. It costs money to come into our country legally, it costs NOTHING to leave, If you don't want to pay taxes, you don't have to, you just can't stay and enjoy the things our taxes pay for. There's the door, don't let it hit your butt on the way out.
    Anonymous

• Typical angry American response by Anon 1231 pm.
    Anonymous

• I think that there is a lot of wasteful spending of tax money, but that money also goes to important infrastructure like anon 11:31 mentioned. Many of these things are stuff we take for granted and aren't really willing or prepared to provide for ourselves. Back in the day? I don't know. I guess it would have been considered illegal. But today, I think it's necessary for some things, but there is definitely too much corrupt spending of our tax money.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No, I don't think that. I agree 100% with Anon12:31.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• QuinnMae, I couldn't have said it better!
    MonicaJaye

Answer by MonicaJaye at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree with gemgem! I will always be happy to pay my taxes. The higher the better cause I realize I made more money this year. Thats just me though.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• half do and half don't. if they took the tax payers money and only truly directed where the citizens of the US benefited then yes but i see a lot of tax payers money going to waste as well so i can see where they are truly robbers.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009