Need help choosing diaper bag...

I have a month old son and I need help choosing another diaper bag. At my baby shower they gave me a Winnie the Pooh diaper bag but it's not big enough for my babies things to fit. I want a diaper bag that has lots of pockets so I can put bottles and some of my things. I also want it big enough so I can pack the changing pad, changes of clothes, the formula can, diapers, etc. Please help me out...suggest one or suggest one that you have that you love. Also, one that I can get at Babies R' Us, Target, Walmart,JcPenney, Macy's, Dillard's...etc. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We love our Baby Gap diaper backpack! It has lots of pockets inside & out!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Sorry I cannot comment on other diaper bags.... because I had the Longaberger Diaper Bag and OMG did I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! It was sooooo spacious, pockets for EVERYTHING, and best of all you could carry it like a backpack! Plus in the front it had a place for mommy things....wallet, keys, CC's change holder, etc!

It was PERFECT!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I just use one of my old purses (it's really big), but I have a little girl, so it wouldn't really work for a boy! lol! My suggestion would be to go out to Walmart or whatever store of your choice, open up all the diaper bags and see which one fits you best. I know some of them have WAYYY too many pockets for me. I have about 6 diaper bags because people keep on giving them too me, but they're too big or for whatever reason I don't use them, so I just use a purse. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I use a duffle bag. I don't have a car, so I can't pack extras in the trunk. I have a duffle bag with lots of pockets. I need a giant one too but for different reasons . . . I need to pack a few cloth diapers, cloth wipes, spray bottle, wet bag, and a change of clothes. Never dealt with the formula and bottle thing (I breastfeed) but I can imagine how that would need lots of room!!

If you don't want to use a duffle bag, a really big purse works too. I don't actually like diaper bags because they look so . . . babyish. DD isn't carrying it, I AM! lol So I also have a big purse that fits my wallet, change purse, etc and her diapers and wipes :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• A backpack like you see for school.

Nice big pockets inside, with some ways to organize. Some pockets on the outside for bottles, etc. And a HELL of a lot cheaper!! I'd rather spend $15 on a back pack and have it get ruined by spilled something....than spending so much more and ruining one of them...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• OH...and with a backpack, it's on your back, freeing both arms completely for the baby.
    TiccledBlue

• I have a Coach diaper bag and love it. It has a lot of pockets. It comes with a changing pad that fits right in it. It has pockets on the outside for a bottle and mommy things. It's a little pricey but I love it. It also is not "babyish". I have 2 little boys. I don't think the diaper bag has to be gender specific. Mommy is the one carrying it.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I love mine. Its by Graco, its brown with polka dots, I forget the name. Its fine for boy or girl. Lots and lots of pockets. Its small, but has room for formula can, 2 bottles, about 8 diapers, wipes holder, changing pad, change of clothes... and lots of room to spare. Good luck! I registered for it at Babies R US... Its called Graco DECO... I just looked it up. AND its only $24.99!!!!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• The Vera Bradley diaper bags have a lot of pockets and come with a matching changing pad.
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I love love love my diaper bag from walmart I think, I got it for my babyshower and i loved it
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009