how much should a 3 month old baby eat

my daughter is almost 3 months and she is eating 4 oz. every 2 hours and when i go to burp her she starts to cry for more so should i up the ozs to 5?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She should be eating as much as she wants. Feed on demand. If she wants more, give it to her.

My guys were eating 8oz every 2 hours at 6 weeks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• lol ticc took the words out of my mouth. 2 times now - get out of my head!
    feed her what she wants. if 4 isn't enough, give her 6. if 6 isn't enough, give her 8.
    babies won't voluntarily over eat - they will stop when they are full.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• teri.....bwahahaha
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• At this time your child is going through a growth spurt, so the little one will want to eat more often than normal. 4oz at a time is recommended for formula feed babies at this time of life according to the WIC (Women Infants and Children) program that I use to work for less than a year ago. Try to keep track of how many wet and poopy diapers, what goes in must come out! IMind you, I always recogmend mommies to talk/ call their nurse or ped. as well because you and your doctor know your childs health history more than anyone!
    HelenetheQueen

Answer by HelenetheQueen at 12:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• WIC may recommend 4oz at a time, but pediatricians recommend feeding on demand. No offense intended to the previous poster...and I can only speak for OUR local WIC office...but the ones I've dealt with were dumber than a box of rocks.

They tried to tell me to WATER down my sons formula when he was about 3 months old and tell me that my 3 month old was OBESE because he was at the top of the weight percentiles. They didn't even consider that he was also at the top of the height chart or the fact that he wasn't even chubby to look at! They only went by what the computer told them...and they made me bring him in at EVERY visit to be weighed, even when I was just going in to pick up checks. (not a normal thing here...weights are usually only taken when recertifying)
    Anonymous

• I'd up her to 3 oz and next month start cereal. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009