I think I am having contractions...

I am only 30 wks. This is my second child but I can't compare the two very well. Everything about my first one was diffrent. Anyway I think I am in early labor. Last night I felt like I had food poisoning or something, my abs were cramping and I had pressure on my vagina and rectum. Today I feel this fullness under my chest followed by cramping in my lower abs. Today isn't painful tho. I worry that I may e in labor because I was induced with my first son so I don't know what real contractions feel like. My husband and I are gonna go out to eat to try to get my mind off of it, we'll have to see how it goes. If anyone has any insight I would really appreciate it.

acschultes

Asked by acschultes at 12:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be just braxton hicks contractions which are totally normal if they get to strong i would call your ob and let them know
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• keep track of them. im 36, almost 37 weeks and though i was having braxton hicks. they were 2 or 3 times an hour, nothing consistent or too painful. but yesterday i went to the hospital because they got really intense...turns out i was having contractions every 1-3 mins. its my first so i wasnt sure what to expect. they sent me home though because my water hasnt broke and i wasnt dilating very quickly. make sure to pay attention to the baby's movement also, if you have any bleeding or leaking i would call and ask, or head to the hospital, better to be safe. good luck.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you had food poisoning, I assume you were vomiting and/or had diarrhea? If so, you could be dehydrated which can cause contractions/crampiness. Also, if you have a UTI, that can cause cramps and early labor, and some people can get a UTI with no symptoms(like me) and not even know they have one.
    If you are feeling constantly crampy or if you are having contractions, drink lots of water and lay down. If they lessen or go away, you just need to drink up and rest. BUT if it doesn't go away or gets worse, you should call your OB, you don't want to take any chances.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Oh and, if you feel your stomach tightening every 5min or less for an our you need to go to the hospital ASAP because that means you're in labor.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009