WHY IS MY SON'S POOP SOLID BUT HE DOSEN'T EAT SOLD FOODS.

amoreno12

Asked by amoreno12 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think FF babies have harder poop.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My DD is BF, I just started giving her solids, her diapers have taken a turn for the worse.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you ff, then you might have accidentally mixed a bottle incorrectly and that will result in a bowel change. If it is real solid and he is having trouble passing it, then call the pedi.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If he is FF, his BM's will generally be solid. If he is BF'd, they shouldn't be solid.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My daughter has this problem every now and then. Try giving baby prunes, or apple juice. It will soften. Sometimes it happens when you switch foods.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If she is FF then that's probably why. Formula is hard for their bodies to digest and comes out thicker because their bodies also dont absorb the synthetic nutrients well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Take a biology class PLEASE. The human digestive system works by seperating fluid from solid. In every food, there is a combination of both, even in breastmilk and formula. (you should know this, because to make formula, you have to mix a solid powder with a liquid???) In formula there is a considerable amount of undigestible bulk, which passes through into the feces, less in breastmilk, which is why constipation is common in formula fed babies and nearly unheard of in breastfed babies. In fact, there is very little in breastmilk that isn't digestible, so it's common for breastfed babies to go days without a bowel movement.

I thought basic biology was an educational requirement in this country.
    Anonymous