Help on a 5 and a half old fussy baby boy?

My son is 5 and a half months old. He wakes at 6:30am. He gets a bottle at 8am and will usually take a few cat naps in the morning. He eats every 3 hours but lately hasnt finished it all. He is extremely fussy all day long and I think its bc he doesnt take long enough nap. He will usually take a longer nap in the afternoon for about 2 hours. He still wakes up 2 to 3 times at night. My main concern is that he is so fussy all day long. Any advice or has anyone else gone threw this? He has always been really fussy. How can I get him to take longer naps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe that some babies are just a bit fussier than others. I was going to say that he might be teething, but you said that he has always been fussy. My dd is the same way. She likes to be entertained all the time and gets bored very easily. So she does a little whiny thing a lot of the day, letting me know that she needs to be walked around or entertained. I think that they will probably out grow this once they are entertaining themselves more. Be patient and try and keep him happy!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You just probably have a cranky butt kiddo. I have one. She really didn't seem to enjoy life much until she could move around on her own. She started liking life once she could crawl. It got even better once she could cruise and now that she's walking, she's like a whole new kid! I think she resented not being able to go where she wanted and do what she wanted to do. It frustrated her. Maybe your little one is like that? She just seemed touchy and cranky before she could crawl. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009