How do you keep your skin hydrated?

My skin is super dry. I use lotions, but they don't seem to help. What are some other ideas to try to help hydrate and soften my skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Take luke warm showers or turn it colder before you get out. The hot water takes out the moisture, sounds wierd, but true. I only use Aveeno, I know it is not as cheap as most of the others, but I love it. I use the body wash too and it has done wonders for my way over dry skin. Also when you get out of the shower don't rub yourself dry, just pat and put the lotion on immediately after getting out.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• drink lots and lots of water! i keep an ice cold glass in the fridge at all times and try to drink at least 8-10 glasses a day, espcially in this heat. your skin will be softer and you will feel fresh and healthy :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I agree on the water and my doctor said to use Eucerin.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Carry a bottle of water around with you at all times, and sip it all day. Keep it filled with water. and Just sip all day.
    NewEve

Answer by NewEve at 8:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I'm 47 and lately have been using Pond's Cold Cream for both cleansing and moisturizing. It's working very well, all the little dry spots are gone. Added bonus: it's cheap!
    Thislittlekitty
    Thislittlekitty

Answer by Thislittlekitty at 9:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i rub hydogen proxcide 3 percent on my body once and while especially during a cold it opens ur oxgen levels
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try drinking lots of water and taking fish oil supplements...supposed to be good for your skin & hair. I also use pure shea butter on my body. It comes unscented or scented with other oils.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try using Rodan+Fields Dermatologist (creators of Proactiv)
    They have an Anti-age am/pm cream spf15 UVA/UVB protection and Anti-Age Night cream which is awesome. The whole line contains MULTIPLE PEPTIDES which are proteins that increase collagen loss. It plumps up the skin and rids you of wrinkles all together. It may seem a bit pricy but it is worth every penny! They have a 60 day money back guarentee+free shipping and 10% off. Check it out. I use the Anti-Age & Unblemish.
    www.rodanandfields.com/karenwardzinski
    K.K.707

Answer by K.K.707 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Just to let you know I found this... Dr Oz is Oprah's Dr

"Another myth that was researched was to see if drinking extra water will keep your skin from being dried out.

Dr. Oz showed a study that looked into the benefits of drinking half a gallon of water a day.

The researchers measured two identical twin’s skin for moisture factors. One twin was assigned to drink water and another did not get to drink water. The diets were the same.

The results were surprising in that there was no difference in hydration and skin dryness. They were the same. Neither of the girls was dehydrated. Dr. Oz said that the reason for this is that water is present in almost all foods. He said that you don’t have to force yourself to drink fluids to have healthy skin."
    HeadMutha

Answer by HeadMutha at 10:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• water and oil of olay quench.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008