A question for non-Obama supporters....

There is so much hate regarding the president-elect. I've heard so many ask whether or not Obama supporters will throw in the towel once he fails. Well, I'd like to know, how many non-supporters will be able to acknowledge anything that he implements that will actually benefit the country as a whole. What if for some strange and odd reason, he does an excellent job at leading the country? Will you jump on the bandwagon then or continue to deny how you're benefiting from Mr. Obama's brilliance? Just curious.

MonicaJaye

Asked by MonicaJaye at 12:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think there is a choice at this point. You must support the leader of your country. How can you not? I may not have voted for Bush, but as a US citizen I understand the role of president. I believe people can not care for Obama, but you still have to back him as this country's leader, and with respect. I did that with Bush, IMO. It is not as if a non-supporter can do much at this point anyway. I can respect those who did not vote for Obama, just as he [Obama] is to be respected as our leader. Just like your boss--love or hate em, you still know who is in charge.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Did the Bush detractors do the same NO. You Obama supporters really should get off your high horses with questions like this. You never gave bush credit where credit was due but sure like to ask THIS question over and ever.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I did not vote for Obama. I do not support Obama. I don't think it has anything to do race either, but that is why non Obama people are getting so much crap. How many people don't like the president when they get elected? TONS! Do we get mad at them for no likeing them, no, because they are white and it's okay to hate them. Obama will not change the world. (aside from being america's first HALF WHITE/HALF BLACK president) No president, no matter how great, will not change the world. People who do not support Obama will continue to find reasons to dislike him and people who want to like Obama will continue to find good things about him. He is a political figure, and ALL political figures have people who don't support them.
    Watch this, this is why I could NEVER support Obama, no matter how much good he does.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA&feature=related
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Nope I dont think so. I have heard nothing but hate when it comes to Bush and so many other things. I guess if Obama changes his position about closing Gitmo instead of releasing terrorists, changes his views about live birth abortions, and things like that I might back him. But otherwise nope. Not now. Not ever.

Answer by gemgem at 12:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If he does a good job and gets this country out of the crapper I will be the first one applauding!!

How about this..... if he effs up are all you Obama supporters going to admit you were wrong?
    Anonymous

• How is he going to eff up? we are already in the crapper, its gonna get worse, it has in just the past couple of months and bush is slipping out the door.

I don't see any Bush supporters saying that bush was wrong??? Just blaming on clinton admin.
    Anonymous

• I am going to sit back and enjoy the show. There will be nothing more awesome then watching him fail.
    Anonymous

• Well, thats great to know anon 1:06 that you hope for him to fail and our country to continue down hill. Nice.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Oooh..Can I use this one that has been told to those of us who didn't support Bush for the 8 years? If you don't like him, leave the country? Seriously..go. We don't need you standing in the way of progress. And take John Boehner and the rest of the obstructionists with you..Buh-byezzzzz!!!
    Anonymous

• So basically what I'm understanding from a few of these responses is that no matter what Obama does or how much the country improves in the next 4 years you will not accept that he is doing a good job? I would have praised Bush if the condition of the country improved due his policies. How narrow minded to not even consider changing your opinion if what you expect to happen does not.

If Obama turns out to be a lousy president of course I would change my mind about him.  If McCain had won and his policies worked I would have changed my mind about that too.  Hell, if Sarah Palin was president and she did a great job (OK try not to laugh) I would support her too.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009