How do you balance it all?

I work part-time and my 4 year old goes to pre-school while I work. I feel that working part-time gives me the perfect balance but DH wants me to go back to work full time. I have worked full time before and I was able to balance everything for the first week but then everything fell apart. I was getting behind on the housework, I was in a bad mood all the time because of lack of sleep and not liking my job, and I felt like I was not getting to spend any time with DH or our son. I honestly feel like my heart is in the home but since DH wants me to go back to work I agreed to it. So, for the moms who work outside of the home, How do you balance everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I just take everything one day at a time tomorrow will take care of itself and since I work a lot too my fiancee actually also helps around the house and we hired a nanny to take care of things while we are out. Don't stress just take it little by little
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 1:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• well, you can try asking for more hours at your current job. Take on an extra hour a day. That's 5 extra hours of pay... if you feel confident with that after some time, ask for another hour... and work up from there, that way it's not all slammed onto you at once.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Simple do you have two days of? do everything you can those two days. I have three kids and when I get home everyday ,I do one load of laundry,make dinner,make my lunch,make lunch a day ahead for my kids and give baths if I can do it you can do it.
    Anonymous

• Nobody balances everything - at least nobody I'd care to hang around.

Life is messy and that's OK.

Pick your battles and what kills you and do those first. Make sure that your spouse/SO is NOT helping you out, but rather being a full fledged partner in everything.

And cut yourself some slack. Take your vitamins, drink your water.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009