What is suppose to be on your kitchen counter?

I feel I have so much clutter it looks messy.
What can I do. I drink coffee, I eat toast I know it doesn't sound like much but I have this and that on the counters stuff that I say I will clear it later.
Can you help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well i eat toast but i store my toaster away in cupboards when im cleaning the counters off, i have my 3 containers of sugar, and 2 other container that all match but have nothing in them.

i used to have my paper plates in the cupboard with the rest of the dishes but they sit on the counter now. i have so many dishes to do that i use a towel instead of a dish drainer, when company comes over, i throw the towel in the wash and put my dishes away, my MIL stores her dish drainer under the sink. i have cooking utinsils in a plasic pitcher that sits on my counter so i dont have to dig in drawers to find them.

i have alot of stuff on it but i make it look nice when company comes over by storing it elsewhre.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i also store my coffee maker in my closet, but thats cause i dont use it, so idk you will probably have to leave it there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My rule of thumb is if I don't use it 3-4 times in a week then it gets put in the cabinets until I am ready to use it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have my toaster, deep fryer, and drying rack on my counters. Everything else gets put into the cupboards.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have the toaster, microwave, containers that have sugar and flour, butcher block, paper towel holder, a cd player, I have lots of counter space though so its not alot.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You can always get a coffee maker that attaches under a cabinet. That way it gets off the counter, yet it's still there for convenience.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have my toaster and my knives set on my counter.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have my espresso machine and my toaster on the counter because they get used every day, so it would be pointless to put them in a cabinet....I also have my kitchen aid on the counter, because it doesn't fit in any of my cabinets! lol hmmm..other than that, there's not a lot. I have a couple bottles of flavoring syrups next to the espresso machine, and a huge container of pretzels from Costco, and a microwave on the other side of the room. Luckily, I have a lot of counter space, so there is still quite a bit of free space to work on, plus I have an island where I prepare food as well.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i have my phone, caller id, a basket full of odds and ends (gum, mints, lighters, dog treats), then soap, dish soap, lysol spray, dish drainer, kettle, cutting board, toaster, knives, my purse, water cooler, and now my blender. but i have a lot of counter space too..so its not cluttered..unless my daughter comes around and leaves her toys all over the counter..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have my coffee pot, glass jar filled with coffee and a sugar bowl, a papertowel roll in a stand up dispenser, my toaster, a cookie jar and a bread basket. To the right of my stove i have a pepper grinder, utensil holder, salt tin, olive oil in a glass bottle, not the bottle it comes in from the store, and a pottery garlic jar....I also have a large cutting board next to my stove. The window sil above the sink has the kids vitamins and a row of tomatoes =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009