this irritated the crap out of me would it to you also?

i have a friend that i swear thinks she is a dr. LOL she just had her baby a few months ago and i gues she 'pro' now. anyway. this is what she tells me and its just the icing on the whole BAKERY!!

"ur going to hate my gutts for saying this but i think you'll go a little past your due date. cause your not effaced or dialted and your still tiny . lol. "

UGH it just irks me!
would it you as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well since when did she become an OB? Everyone is different when it comes to L&D.

Anonymous

• I hate when people think they know everything.. they need to shut the F up.. sorry the lang but its stupid.... my doc told me i would prolly go over due but my daughter came 8 days early....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'd have to turn around and ask her, "So when did you get your medical degree?"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No one ever really knows, not even our OBs and midwives. I'd just laugh it off, and move on.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would ask to please see her medical degree.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yes, just what every expectant mother wants to hear "I predict more pregnancy for you"...lol. That alone would irritate me right now considering I am now past my due date. boo!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• very annoying...
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 2:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree that it's annoying. But then again, EVERYTHING annoys me while I'm pregnant. Just because you're still tiny and not effaced or dilated yet doesn't mean a thing. I went in for my 39 week checkup, was not quite 1 cm dilated & barely effaced. They scheduled an induction for the next week, but I started having contractions that night after I got home from the dr! Gage was born the next day. : ) It's totally evil of someone to tell a pregnant woman that they think she'll go past her due date. lol
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• ignore her i was tinny with my first doctor for the longest time and then one morning she just popped and i was huge and she was born a week early so no one knows for sure
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• urhg! i hear ya! its even WORSE when someone who HASNT had kids tell you that kinda shit. Happened to me a few times.
    Anonymous