My DD is a lil over 6 months old. she holds her head up n all and sits....

for about 10 min. then plops over. i put her in the seat in the shopping cart, i buckled her in and propped balnkets around her. Do u see anything wrong with this?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 2:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 5 months and can't sit all the way up on his own yet but he sits really well when supported. I just started putting him in the shopping cart seat but we have one of those covers that help him sit up. He does really well it in. As long as she's not toppling over it's fine!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No i dont! i did the same thing with my daughter!! she was too big for her carrier! Check into one of those shopping cart covers.
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• No, it's fine. Although, I would suggest wearing her in a carrier of some type. It keeps your hands free and she'd be a lot safer then in the cart.
    Anonymous

• Since our pediatrician told us to not let a baby sit up for longer than 1-2 minutes until its at least 10 months old, yeah i think its wrong.

Their spine is way too weak until then to carry their weight.
    Every good orthopedist will tell you the same.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It sound okay. Not all babies sit alone that early.

Mine were sitting on their own at 4 months. (I can't even imagine stopping them from sitting once they started) But they were early in just about everything.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yes my babygirl has beeen fast at everything also
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Just to let all of you know-we took our 6 month old daughter to the doctor for a check up. She told us it was perfectly okay to let her sit in the seat in the buggy. Considering the fact of how well she holds herself up. But thanks for your advice and input. Have a great day!!!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2009