is this a tubal pregnancy

I am six weeks along in my first pg. I have a sharp pain in my lower right groin area and it sends a shooting pain down my leg. Im scared please tell me its normal and im just being an over reacting first time mama!

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The pain sounds to be pretty normal, unless if it is constant and doesn't stop! I thought I was having a tubal... because I would have a really sharp pain on my right side down by my ovaries.... but I got an ultrasound and I was NOT having a tubal! I wouldnt go "surfing" the web for signs of a tubal... because you can make nothing into something, just with your head! If you are truly concerened just give your doctor a call and i'm sure if he/she is worried they will perform an ultrasound a.s.a.p! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Abdominal or pelvic pain, usually 6 to 8 weeks after a missed period.4 Pain may get worse with movement or straining. It may occur sharply on one side at first and then spread throughout the pelvic region.
    Vaginal bleeding that may be light or heavy.
    Pain with intercourse or during a pelvic exam.
    Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting (syncope) caused by internal bleeding.
    Signs of shock.
    Shoulder pain caused by bleeding into the abdomen under the diaphragm. The bleeding irritates the diaphragm and is experienced as shoulder pain.
    I had one and the best thing if you suspect one is to go to the ER and let them do an ultrasound.

Answer by gemgem at 2:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We just had a bad scare that this pregnancy was ectopic (but it's not), I was told that usually the pain is very localized and constant. is it that way? If it is I would call your doctor and tell him how you feel right away. You don't want to let it go if it is.
    Anonymous

• This pain is pretty normal, (for me anyway). If it was a tubal pregnancy the pain would more likely be in your abdomen, on one side. But if you are scared, please go see a doctor, since tubal preg's are dangerous.
    DaisyMomPsalm34

Answer by DaisyMomPsalm34 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009