How long did it take your man to ask you to marry him officially?

I don't mean for him to say "someday we'll get married" I mean until he actually proposed. I know some peope get engaged right away and some couples wait forever!

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Still waiting hun!!
    Anonymous

• 5 months

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• 2 1/2 months
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Still waiting...and its been 2 1/2 years...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We started dating in Nov. '97 and he proposed in July '98. We got married in Nov. '98.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm always amazed at this question - maybe because I'm older it wasn't such a big deal?

We always knew we were going to get married and become parents - picked out the ring together (paid out out of our joint account) and then while we were on the couch just doing nothing, DH got the silliest look in his eye and we crawled into bed and he actually said the words. I started to laugh and then said "Of course" and that was it.

I knew on our first date he was the guy for me, so I was never worried. It was never HIS decision to get married, it was OURS. I can't imagine just twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone else to decide my fate.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• HD and I met when I was 17 and he was 18 he had a girlfriend at the time. We became friends and hung out some on the weekends with this group of guys we both knew. When I was 20 he told me he and his GF broke up. we started dating with in a fe months. It was really weird at first because we were such good 'guy' friends. I never imagined he saw me as anything but one of the guys. I always liked him a lot. We moved in together after about 10 months . he purposed a few months after that and were married the next year. Pg after 2 months of marriage. Crazy huh?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• 8 months. On New Years Eve when it turned to 1993. We wed on March 19, 1994,
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 3:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• too long . . . I was about to turn him in for a new model!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• 4 months to officially get engaged and 4 months after that we got married. We have been married for 4.5 years.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009