HELP!! Need an answer quick please!!

OK, I'm making Lasagna, and to my horror, just realized I'm out of foil. (I have VERY old pans, and the bottoms are kinda yucky, so I always line with foil 'til I can get new ones.) Question......what would happen if I lined it with wax paper? I googled online, and it said that you could use wax paper for baking cakes and such, but would lasagna be too much? Anyone else ever tried? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Parchment paper would be better if you have it. I'm afraid wax would melt!

Yikes - I feel your burnt, crusty, not enough soapy water in the world pain.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't see why it wouldn't work!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I've used wax paper for baking on and never had a problem with it melting or burning...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You can use parchment paper for that stuff, but if you use wax paper the wax will melt and be in the food. It won't hurt you, but it doesn't sound appealing to me. I would just use the pans and spray them with cooking spray or grease them up well. Enjoy your lasagna!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• HMMM!...good question...Try it but I would double the wax you never know what kind of mess it will make. I think it is time for some new pots and panswashing dishesI know how you feel you like a certain pan and just want to use it over and over but like everything else it gets old and does not do the job it used to. I am in the same boat. Let's go shopping...lolcredit card

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree with Maureen55! I would think the wax would melt into the food! Just use the cooking spray it should be fine!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• well, I always have "leftover" lasagna noodles, maybe I'll do the wax paper, and put an "extra" layer of noodles on the bottom and not serve those......ahhhhh, wish me luck, and thanks for the help.
    Anonymous

• BTW, I'll come back later and tell you ladies what came of it, in case you are curious. Really, really don't want to ruin this, I just burned my fried chicken last night, my poor DH lol.
    Anonymous

• Well, I didn't have the courage, so the question remains. I just did cooking spray, and a extra layer of noodles that I didn't serve. Thanks anyway, and btw, it was great!!
    Anonymous