Strep throat with cough

My 15 yo has had a sore throat since Thursday. We have tried home remedies and it's getting worse. So this morning I went to the local urgent care place and called to get an authorization for her to be seen since our medical facility is closed until Tuesday. Our medical insurance will not pay without one. So the doctor calls back and says what's her symptoms. I said her throat is bed with white patches and she has a barking cough. He says go home it's just an UTI and it should get better in 5-9 days it's not strep since strep doesn't have a cough. I have had strep before with a cough. HAs anyone else have strep accompanied by a cough? I PO cause I have other kids in the house I do not want catching this!

pagirl71

Asked by pagirl71 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Health

• Two of my children just finished antibiotics from testing positive for strep and they both had a cough...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• strep test. Only way and yes they can have a cough
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009