i've done some research. . .

and i can't find a religion that i totally agree with. . .my question is, what would i concider myself? I belive in God, and the bible. BUT  I also believe that homosexuality is something you are born with, and its NOT a sin. I believe in one God, and that abortions are wrong unless due to medical issues. I believe that I shouldn't have to pay the church a set amount of money out of my monthly income just to be a member. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that family comes first. AND that women should not have to bow down to their husbands. I believe that when you die, you can be a spirit, and contact the living.It sounds weird for me to ask this question, but when i look at the sites that you answer the questions, i match up with religions that I still don't fully agree with. I feel lost with them.I have talked to many different people, but I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know what religion that would be considered..... Why stress about it? Just believe what you believe and go on with life!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first poster. If you are going to question homosexuality and God then that takes a different POV which is scientific. Try researching Biological Psychology and see the tests theyve done to try and prove people were born that way. They cannot prove it. Right now it is a lifestyle choice. If you agree with that choice then fine you do, if you dont then you dont. I wouldnt let me question my faith.

Answer by gemgem at 2:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• What about Methodist?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You know I feel the same way...I beileve in all what you said but yet I don't belong to a church I do talk to my kids about God how he created everything and sent his only son to make a difference for us Jesus but to go to church and worship him there I agree with you I just do my thing in my own home or wherever I am. God knows who we are and know what our intensions are I would like for my kids to get into something but I sometimes feel it is just a waste of time.praying

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree --- you don't need to label yourself as anything.

If you really feel the need to, though ----have you checked into UU?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We all have our own beliefs. I sum what believe the way you are talking but I am Catholic, was born and raised that way. I dont believe you are born gay, that just my opinion, I think you chose that way. That is where we differ. But anyway. I went to 4 different Catholic Churches before I found one I was comfortable with. Maybe you can talk with the different Priest or Pastors to see if you would feel comfortable with that Church. Also like the lady said above me, DONT Stress over it! Just believe and go with life! God Knows whats in your heart.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• UU might be the best church for you if you are looking for fellowship. However if you don't especially want a church to attend than you might like to embrace the term non-denominational Christian or simply say that you are a Christian that forms her own opinions based on what your own understanding of the Bible & life.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Dont let one thing define your personal beliefs and relationship with God. Thats a very personal thing. I tried UU church and I know it was not for me. Yes they embrace diff faiths but I wasnt into diff faiths I believed in the Bible and God and didnt want to be sitting next to someone who practiced witchcraft. Instead I looked at the bible, prayed, asked God for understanding etc. I visited diff churches (including uu) to find a place I liked. Remember some things we will never understand because we arent meant to. Some things you have to take on faith. If Gods communicating to you being Gay is ok then thats between you and God. It doesnt mean everyone will agree.
    Anonymous

• I think everyone who is not sure about their faith, but believes in God, should read The Crucified Ones by Charles E. Newbold, Jr. It really differentiates between the different denominations of Christianity and helped me a lot to see why I always felt out of place in churches. It also helped me to understand where I did fit and helped me be able to find a church eventually.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i don't think there is a church for you cause with what you listed as sins are sins and churches don't accept sins.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009