Little bumps on neck...rash??

My son is 8 months old. He has not had any reactions to food, or juices. I took him to his doctor about dry patches on his skin and the bumps on his neck. He said it just could be because he is teething or has dry skin and to try a new lotion and not worry about it. I bought a new lotion Aquaphor, which is great because it worked on the dry patches and seemed to work on the bumps on his neck. Its been a week since i have been putting this lotion on him, the rest of his body is better but the bumps on his neck seem way worse they spread to his entire neck, and im worried, any thoughts on what this could be? has anyones elses little one had this? if so, what was done to treat it? Thanks

Borikaos

Asked by Borikaos at 2:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had little red raised bumps on his back and neck. I realized it was from clothes that he had worn that I hadn't washed in the baby detergent. I had bought a shirt to change him into one day when he spit up and that next morning, I noticed the bumps. It could also be eczema. Try Aveeno lotion and see if that helps. Good luck!
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 3:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• bumps on my DD's neck were just from moisture. if i put pwder on it- it bled. so i used A & D original oinment ------ IT MADE WOUNDERS!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 3:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Since you were kind enough to reply to my post I thought I would reply to yours! Anyway, is he formula fed? If so sometimes they get a rash from it gathering when some spills out the sides. and runs down to his neck due to moisture. Or I agree with the clothes situation as a possibility. Babies can often be very sensative to clothes and detergent if the clothes were not washed in allergen free detergent. my 7 motnh old gets dry patches too and Aquaphor has worked and Aveeno baby has worked as well. But I think what it might be from is moisture as the previous post said. I have heard a little corn starch bath dries it out as it does for diaper rash. Just enough in his bath to make the water cloudy. I havent personally tried it but I hear it works wonders.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009