what is the best system to store breast milk?

I do not want to buy the storage bags. I pump every day and need help with a sytem to store my milk. I know milk is good for 5 hrs out room temp and 5 days in refeg and 5 freezer. But I forget wish bottle I have use on what day. So if anyone can help me that would be great.
Thanks.

Kerri32

Asked by Kerri32 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could use the playtex drop-in system and get at least 7 drop-in bags, and write every day of the week on them. Only pump into the Monday drop-in on Monday, Tuesday on Tuesday, and so on. But if you are going to freeze the milk, you will need to buy storage bags. I re-use them, the storage bags and drop-in systems.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Oh and you can freeze breastmilk for 3 months.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I used ziplock baggies. I would pour the milk into one bag, and then take a second bag and write the date and amount of ounces on it, and put the "milk bag" inside for double protection. I would then freeze them. To defrost, just put it in a bowl of hot water. It worked for me!! Very inexpensive, too.
    steveswife1130

Answer by steveswife1130 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't know why you don't like the bags, you can write on them and completely seal out the air. 10.00 for a 50 pack, I only use one I day so it works for me.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009