• In the Spotlight:

what are some things you can to with your kids going green?

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• we recycle cans and bottles, my kids enjoy getting the money.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• going green? Ack i dont want my kids to turn green LOL j/k. I have no idea I just do crafts and stuff with them I dont worry about the environment.

Answer by gemgem at 3:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Hunter loves it when we take our recyling to the recycling center. That's been the biggest way we're helping the environment.
    Marybeth

Answer by Marybeth at 3:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I let them collect the paper to recycle...when we go to the store, I always have them gather my re-usable bags...I show them we don't waste things...I taught them to turn off the water when they are brushing their teeth...we look for the words 'bio-degradable' on paper and cleaning products
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 4:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• BF is green thats about all I do with my DD. We recycle and my DH carpools. OH and I have a very strict do not waste food policy.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My son is responsible for taking out the recycling & separating it. He collects & crushes the aluminium cans for taking to the scrap yard to exchange for cash (he loves this..lol). He helps us in the gardens as much as he's able & understands why we grow organically . He also understands the importance of purchasing locally produced foodstuffs as much as possible.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009