Can you download I-Tune music onto a regular MP3 player?

I got my son an MP3 player for Christmas along with an Itunes gift card. I thought you could use ITunes for any type of MP3 player. I didn't realize that his player pulls music from the Windows Music player. I can't transfer the music from the ITunes player to the Windows Music player. What can I do? Do I have to get music from another source? I like ITunes because I can download "singles" vs. the few other sites I checked out where sometimes you need to buy the whole albumn to get the song you want. Help! This is one area of technology I haven't quite conquered yet!

wokingmommy

Asked by wokingmommy at 3:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• You can pull music from your windows account to your iTunes account but I could not tell you how sorry. You might Google Pulling music from Windows to iTunes.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 3:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yes you can drag Itunes files to windows media I will ask my SO and come back and post he did for me he has a apple Iphone and put his music on my cheep MP3 lol

Anonymous

• Ok he said burn the Itunes music on Cd than load it in Pc and save it in windows and download it I guess it will not transfer Itunes music I am sorry for bad info

Anonymous

• Not directly, no. You're better off downloading actual mp3 files. You can make a cd and then dl it to your computer, but there can still be problems eventually with the files, as my son found out. It's better, I think, just to download the songs you like. Amazon sells song singles as well as albums, and there are other sources as well.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009