Did your children get the Rotovirus vaccine?

I refused it for my Daughter since my Son did not get it either & he's 5. I heard bad things about it in 2006 when it came out. Lots of kids got very ill from the vaccine. Did your child get the vaccine? I think the vaccine is called Rotateq.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 8:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2012

• My three children did get it. I think (I could be wrong) that in 2006 is when the new rotovirus vaccine came out. There was one before it that kids did get sick and it was recalled. My kids had it 2007 and later. None of them had a problem with it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2012

• well if it came out in 2006 I dought my oldest got it she was born in 2005. And I was told they can't get the vaccine after (I can't remember if it was 4 or 6 months, but one of those ages). My middle dd was born in 2008 she cought rotavirus (by this time we were taking them to a new dr than the one we had) they tested her and found out that was what was wrong with her and on her charts it showed she was never vaxed for that for some reason the old dr never gave her the shot, but the new dr said it was to late to vax her for it when she cought it she was 16 months old. She told me you couldn't vax them after either 4 or 6 months old. She had diarrhea for 3 weeks straight, throwing up for 3 days she almost got dehydrated. So I recommend the shot. My youngest is 6.5 months and she has been vaxed for it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2012

• Yes she did...she was born in 2008
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2012

• my youngest did, and really only because our next-to-youngest was just getting over rotovirus when baby was born.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2012