how to save money on clothes??

also where to shop?? which stores or places are cheap????

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Why not try some second hand stores? A lot of those stores have really nice clothes. You have to really go through and dig through but it's worth it isn't it? As far as children's clothes you can go to a thrift or secondhand store and find something--and if you are crafty warp it into something to fit your child's style. Also too, around here there is a hospital that has one of it's own stores that has really really nice stuff.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I always hit up outgrown shops and goodwills first. I am a name brand lover and you can sometimes find awesome used clothes super cheap! I also buy things ahead a season when they go on clearance. A good way to make your kids coats last more than one winter...get one that if you get it a size big and need to roll the cuff, it looks like its made that way, such as like a fur liner...make sense? Only shop clearance!
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I just go to my favorite department stores and shop the clearance sales. I can find just as good of deals shopping sales as I would shopping consignment or thrift stores.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yay clearance sales! If you're willing to pick through you can get some amazing deals!

Ross Dress for Less is another of my favorite spots, especially the clearance racks. Everything is already marked down. By the time it hits the clearance racks you can find stuff for $1-2.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Best way to save money on clothes i do not buy any.
    Anonymous

• DOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! www.dots.com!!!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Try to find a second hand store in or near an affluent area. Shop often when you find a good place. By the best quality you can afford. Buying at places like Walmart, Kmart and Target may seem cheaper but the clothes don't last and sometimes, they don't fit well either. I get the best values at Kohl's clearance racks.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I buy almost all of my kids clothes here on cafemom. I have not lost a lot of weight since my DD so I bought a new wardrobe of clothes on ebay for $150. Most of the clothes I got, I was the only bidder. I got tons of jeans and shirts that were brand new for 99 cents to $1.99.
    I also shop at consigment shops.
    TR3boysand1girl

Answer by TR3boysand1girl at 8:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• U can shop anywhere you want. Just look for clearance racks!! I have friends that shop in the mall and only the mall that live on a set income but they only buy it if it is on sale!!
    tkobylski720

Answer by tkobylski720 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Now is the time for clearance shopping girl! I see 50% off at Old Navy right now and most other clothing stores! Buy now... I saw some shorts at Old Navy for 1.99 with 50% off that.... You have to really get out there and look. Also, I am not above thrift stores, second hand stores garage sales...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009