• In the Spotlight:

What is the best thing for diaper rash?

My son is cutting his molar teeth and it has making him poop excessively. I am currently using vitamin a and d onitment. Does anyone have any recomendations

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use Destin thick and creamy in the purple box. It is really powerful and whenever my DD breaks out in a bad diaper rash I put it on her. It clears up drastically over night.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 4:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• After trying a zillion things, we settled on Balmex. It helps clear up diaper rash in as little as a few hours.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• A&D works very well, that is what I use on my daughter. Also, leave his diaper off as much as possible. Letting the air get to it will really help. Remember to use a soft washcloth with luke warm water to wipe also. Wipes will only irritate it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Plain old regular zinc cream will do the same thing as desitin and balmex and all that. Without the added fragrances and for a fraction of the cost.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 4:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• when my son was teething and had very acidic poops I would use paterolium jelly as a barrier to prevent rash and if he had a rash I would add a few drops of pure Lavender essential oil in it.

Very natural and inexpensive
    notquiteMartha

Answer by notquiteMartha at 4:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Desitin creamy always worked for me but if that doesn't work then talk to your doc and you can get a prescription.
    amybuddy45

Answer by amybuddy45 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Butt paste works really well. If you put a little bit of baby powder with cornstarch in it, that works too.
    dhalinka

Answer by dhalinka at 5:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Bag Balm works very well. My son hasn't had a diaper rash since the first week he was born.
    Anonymous

• BALMEX / CARMEX works wonders
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 6:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I used Burt's Bees rash cream worked like magic
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 7:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2009