i was wondering

if anyone on here besides me has had a baby go through surgery before like a gtube or something like that and how did you handle cause im doing alrite but its really hard to handle something this major

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son never had that done but at 2 months old my son had major heart surgery and it was very hard for me to handle. My son was 2lbs when born and went through alot so to watch him get surgery at such a young age hurt me alot. Hope the baby is doing good...
    Anonymous

• well my son was born with a cyst in his lung, when i was 6 months preg they found it through an ultra-sound. they were talking about opening me up and taking the baby out and performing the surgery and then putting him back in the stomach. then they told me i had to have an abortion bcuz my son's head was too big that it was a sign of down syndrome. i freaked. my son was born on nov 29th,2006 his head was just big no down syndrom. its still big! they checked for the cyst when he wasnot even a month he stop breathing on me. i freaked. and that was the first time i saw my baby with an iv in his little leg. i couldnt even look at him. when he was 4 months they did a
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• a cat scan, they put another iv in him to put something in him that will make him fall asleep.. i was holding him when they put it in and he went limp. when he was five months they did the surgery.. it is the hardest thing for me to deal with to this day when i think back i still cry. and it hurts.. because i dont understand why he had to go through it not me.. my son is now two yrs old. and he's normal!!! no cyst nothin. but i will never forget.

how do you handle it? the best you can. theirs no real way to handle something like i cried for the two hrs that my son was in surgery. whe i saw him with all the stuff on him it broke my heart.. but
    your baby will be fine i know he will
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• if you need anyone to talk to i'm here..

aim --- brokentear1129

or just email me!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009