I am 29 and will be having hystorectomy in Feb. I'm kinda scared. Any suggestions?

monkeylovesmama

Asked by monkeylovesmama at 4:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Health

• Join hystersisters.com
    Anonymous

• I'm 31 with 3 kids. i just had a hysterectomy in nov. only health problem i ever had. I already had a tubal so i knew i was done with having kids. the operation was nothing to be afraid of but , i'm sorry, when you wake up you will feel like someone ripped your insides out, because they have. I don't know why you are getting yours. i had a 6 lb. fibroid growing inside my uterus for years and bleeding heavily for 2. i couldn't get any help. when i finally did i just wanted it out. mine was vaginal thank god. i do have recurring yeast infections and lower back pain. i have no bleeding. i haven't decided if this was the best way for me to go. it is very common though.
    nmls29

Answer by nmls29 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I had mine removed when I was 23. Best thing I ever done. I too had mine done vaginally and stayed one night in the hospital. I was up and around taking care of the kids by about 7 days. Just think about the good no more Aunt Flo.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 10:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009