for moms who are alone...

My husband is going to virginia the weekend of August 2. Hes going to be gone for 4 months, coming home on the weekends he doesnt have to work. I dont drive, and i dont work. Hes going to send money but we also have to save up for a place down there. the closest family i have(besides my MIL) is about a half hour drive. Im not complaining because i know it can be done.... millions of moms do it everyday... But how? Ive never been on my own like this. Not even when i didnt have kids. A little encouragement please and some ideas on how this is going to work.

CassieLee85

Asked by CassieLee85 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I'll be honest, this website and being able to talk with other moms, has made me feel so much less alone. I started having symptoms of postpartum because I just had no one to talk to, my husband works constantly so I have no help either... It's so hard, but again, talking to these other moms on here... It's the greatest thing, everyone just wants to help eachother :) I'm here too, whenever you want to talk. Even if you want to exchange numbers, I have no problem :) I live in so cal, not sure where you are but I promise I don't mind chatting about anything!
    Stay strong, you'll be just fine<3
    -Hannah
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 4:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• What real concerns do you have? Do you have a way to the grocery and shopping if you don't drive? I live alone but I enjoy it. I seldom leave my apt. I do most things online. I shop online and socialize online. I'm sure your kids will keep you busy. Hubby will probably email you all the time and call. Time will fly by. Check online for houses in the area you will move. That will help you plan for when you get there. Check out the area via the area's websites so you know what to expect when you move and where to go when you get time to sight see. Packing, planning, kids....you will be so busy you might forget he's gone!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I am in a similar situation. My husband works out of town Monday - Friday and comes home on the weekends. It is hard on both me and my son. My son throws a fit at bedtimes on the weekends. We think he is afraid that when he wakes up "dada" will be gone. I try to let him talk to my husband on the phone as much as possible during the week. I definately have a whole new respect for single moms who have no help at all. This site is definately a help. Send me a message if you need someone to chat with.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 6:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I'm a single mom... and my boyfriend works two jobs and we dont live together so yeah.. i'm pretty much alone all the time... Dont have friends in my area at all.. its really hard...but being on here with you lovly ladies has helped me feel a little better... you all give me someone to talk to =) But if you need a friend to talk to you send me a mess anytime =)
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 10:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008