I am a newly expecting mom and am worried about every wierd pain I'm feeling. Help!

My last period was December 23rd and I took two pregnancy tests this past Friday, January, 16th. They both came out positive. I'm both excited and scared.

mommy19822009

Asked by mommy19822009 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, congratulations! But what are you asking?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i was the same way wen i found out ; the first thing i said was im getting an abortion ; all based out of fear though and im glad i never went through wit it ; but your gonna have fear ; anxiety ; happiness.....I freaked out at every little pain i had and called me doctor about everything ; but in the end it cleared my mind and it helped me not stress about it. I also have fears still at 28 weeks about being a first time mom ; providing and taking care of ; but its natural.everyone goes through it ; i believe even moms with mulitple children go through it. But in the end ; fear is only a feeling and it will pass..... just keep in touch with women on here and if u have questions and concerns dont be afraid to call your doctor... mine is on speed dial lol. good luck
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• little pains are normal in pregnancy. Congrats on the positive, but like srhmldndo, what is the question?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Our body goes thru so many changes that there will be lots of different feelings including some pain at times. The best thing to do is make your first appointment for the OBgyn and Congratulations!
    suzyq50

Answer by suzyq50 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• you're gonna be excited and scared at the same time.. that just comes w the territory of pregnancy. dont stress yourself out, thats the biggest cause of miscarriage. im goin w suzyq, make your first prenatal appt! it might be a few weeks before you can get it. congrats!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• pains are normal in early pregnancy you will be fine call your doctors office and get you a appointment asap
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• if you are talking about the cramps in your stomach that feel like you are gonna start your period, thats totally normal. i was having those cramps before i found out that i was pregnate and kept waiting for my period to come (obviously it never did). Anyway i asked my dr about it later and he said it was ok.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• thanks for the support. :-)
    mommy19822009

Answer by mommy19822009 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009