Thinking about having 2nd child after Pregnancy

My husband and I would like to have our 2nd child at 6mos postpartum. Is this possible? I have been reading that if you are breastfeeding (which I partially am) you may not be ovulating so quickly. Has anyone found out they were pregnant at least a few months postpartum? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom was breast feeding and got pregnant 10days after having my little brother. the two are 36wks to the day apart.

I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter 3m after my 1st daughter was born not on purpose though. but i wasnt breastfeeding
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You are very fertile after you deliver, so it is definitely possible, but they recommend spacing your pregnancies a little farther apart so your body and bones dont get stripped of the nutrients you need and you can get all healed and ready to go again. You can most certainly get pregnant while nursing though, especially if you're not exclusively breastfeeding.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I got pregnant when my daughter was 7 months old and I am still breastfeeding (I'm now 21 weeks)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you are supplementing, then you will most likely return to your cycle quicker. I ebf and we starting trying for #2 at 9 months pp and didn't get pregnant til 18 months pp
    My sister and I are 11 months apart because my mom thought she hadn't started her period yet and had stopped breastfeeding.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I got pregnant when my son was 2 months. I breastfed for a week or so, but that was it. We tried and tried to get pregnant again, but didnt happen until then.
    BermudaMama

Answer by BermudaMama at 12:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2009