HOW can I get rid of this?! Someone who knows about computers.

I think I was looking up colored contacts a while back online and I was looking on different sites. This one called Bedittle.com had some contacts but all I did was look at the page and go to something else. Now, this stupid site pops up advertisements all the time and this gray box keeps saying "Error on page! Do you want to continue this script?" I keep hitting Alt f4 to delete it. I noticed it also had the name of that website on it. I HAVE a pop up blocker so I don't know how it's doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• You need to run a spyware scan. Go download Windows Defender.

Answer by gemgem at 5:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i hate downloading stuff cause then it may bring in more virus's, sometimes if there's too many virus's in your computer you may have to do a "system recovery" but thats only if you REALLY have to, then you have to know your email password and all but pictures on my computer are safe when i do it, you lose just about everything!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• pretty much like when you first buy your computer, thats how it is when you do the system recovery
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Go buy a virus protection from walmart or something.....i have a really good one it was $30 bucks from there. It's called Windows Live One Care. It warns you if you get a virus as soon as it happens and cleans it out before it gets to anything else. I love it.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 7:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Download spybot and run it. It is the best spyware finder I have found, and you can download a free version that works. You can also download AVG for free, and it will tell you which sites have things like that so you don't click on them (when doing a search, I mean). Between the two of them you will be well protected, and your computer will be faster with regularly scheduled scans to remove spyware.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• There is a CM group called Computer Moms Computer Heaven. They have all the answers there.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• www.lavasoft.com ,, has a free program called Adaware its the only free program and it takes out almost all the crap.
    Vickiesue

Answer by Vickiesue at 10:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• AVG4FREE

worked great for me got rid of adware (which you Have) and spyware and a worm.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009