Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


hi i am not gonna put my name becuz i am so very ashame but need help i weight 500 maybe more its so hard to get this weight off dont want surgrey i have no support, as i seat and write this i cry!! i am as well a burn victum, i do not have high blood pressure no heart prblems.the 1 thing when my fire happen 17yrs ago my arms froze (they do not bend): i do go out i dont seat home, but the weight OMG HELP!!!


Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Dont feel bad I weigh about 325 and it seems I have no hope at times. Its going to be hard and I get my inspiration from my children and watching the biggestloser. The other day a lady was talking about weight watchers but I dont want to pay for something just to learn to lose weight. Im sorry to hear about the burn issue. But hey if you ever want to talk or we can team up and be each others support. Let me know and good luck!

    Answer by momof5kidz at 8:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Awww I'm sorry! Could you talk to your doctor? Maybe they could refer you to a nutritionalist and a therapist? It sounds like you have some deeper issues keeping you from losing weight. Are you watching your portion sizes?

    You can do this without surgery!!! Look at all the people on the Biggest Loser! They did it and so can you!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • I don't know what to tell you except this. i believe in Richard Simmons and I believe he has a heart of gold. Here is the link to his website and you can write to him and let him help. He is a professional.

    good Luck ,and I hope it works out for you



    Answer by Kat122 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Please go to your doctor. He will tell you that you are morbidly obese. He WILL help you get into nutrition and healthy eating classes. He will also know who you should contact for some kind of surgery like getting a tummy band or staple your stomach or something, and possibly also some liposuction and so forth. A lot of insurance companies call this plastic surgery, but they also have exceptions for special cases, and I think you will qualify. If your doctor is on your side, he can write it up so they will have to do it. If he's not on your side, get one that is. The other moms here are on your side and we want you to get the help you need to get your life and your self-esteem back. Let us know how it works out, will you please? Also there is no need to be ashamed, you are reaching out for help and that is the first step to a new you, as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.

    Answer by pagan_mama at 6:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • I watch the biggest loser and I am a member of He is one of the trainers off of the Biggest Loser. It is totally free and it you will have others that are trying to reach the same goal. I hope this helps.

    Answer by proudmom2x at 9:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009