If your husband, or boyfriend, told you, you couldn't talk to your friends or family about ANYTHING regarding him, or your relationship with him.. how would you handle that?

My boyfriend and I had been having troubles for the past month and a half.. well I ended up moving out. He has repeatidly told me I couldn't talk about anything about our relationship, him, etc., to anyone.. including my mom.

Well I ended up moving out. We ended up getting back together, and were planning on finding a new place in which I would move in with him. For now though, I was to stay at my place while we work things out.

Well we went to my mom's house the other day to have my little sister come stay with us. She asked if we would be staying at my place, or my boyfriends. Immediately my boyfriend was furious. He wouldn't tell me why he was mad for hours. He then said that I was a liar and that I couldn't keep my mouth shut. He was furious that my mother knew that I had moved out. He then dumped me.

What do you think?

rainfalls

Asked by rainfalls at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I think he sounds like a control freak! leave him. your family has a right to know what you want them to know. if he has a problem with it then he must be too worried about what your family is going to think of him.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think you should find a new boyfriend.
    Anonymous

• I think you're better off without him.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think that if he doesn't respect that you need a support system, he will neve be anyone you can count on!! I telll my mom almosteverything! And with out her I would die!! As far as my hubby, yeah he oesn't want to look bad in "their eyes" probably because unless there is some big fight with them around he will never b able to say "his side!" I know your boyfriend means, he just cant be so literal. Of course you need to vent!! We all do! At least your talking to family and not "hooking up" with some guy!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Aren't you the lucky one not to be saddled with his inmature(sp) attitude anymore.Good thing you found out now instead of later.Find you someone you can be equal in life with.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It's his loss! It sounds like he's embarrassed. If he's that embarrassed by what happened, maybe he should consider changing the way he deals with things?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think your relationship has gone stupid. You know what I mean...one of those things where you stayed too long and you look back on it later and think "wow...that relationship got stupid, I can't believe I didn't leave earlier". Is he supposed to be some big secret? He is acting really fishy by keeping everything hush hush. I could understand him not wanting you to run blab every argument, but if you're living apart and have been through a break up, that is a big thing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree that he's a control freak and with something to hide. Thank him for letting you go and find someone who's a nice guy.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• He's just what you called him a BOY FRIEND 2 words not 1
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Why would you want to be with someone like that? Sounds like he did you a huge favor by letting you go!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009