What can I do...she's 2!

My daughter is two years old and still will not go to her potty chair. She also will not wing herself off the breast. I just don't know what to do. I have tried everything it seems. She only goes to her potty chair when she "feels" like it, and thats ok I guess. But I am just so wore out on her breast feeding. The thing is she really only uses it to go "night-night". (to sleep), so it's like her "support blanket". I have tries letting her cry herself to sleep, reading a book to her, rocking her, and she really hates that. All she says is that she wants "night-night" om my boob...(LOL). And it don't help when she trys to raise up my shirt. What can I do ladies? I am sooo stressed out on that.

timkerbellsmom

Asked by timkerbellsmom at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 1/2 years and still nursing. I am waiting for him to self wean. If you truley want to quit--start weaning. There are days that I wish he would stop, but most of the time I love that he still nurses and still comes to me for comfort. As far as potty training goes. I started both of my kids at 2 1/2 years. It took my daughter until she was just shy of 3 to be reliable. In both cases (potty training and weaning) it takes patience and caring.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Kids aren't all ready to potty train at the same age. Some train early, some train late. You just have to be patient.

It's up to you when you want to wean. It sound slike you're ready. Perhaps you should join a breastfeeding group to talk to other moms who have dealt with the same issues :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You should just keep introducing the potty chair. She will take to it soon. They all start at different times. I like what the other mom said about joining the breastfeeding group....I agree they might have some good ideas.
    CricketsLilOnes

Answer by CricketsLilOnes at 12:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009