How would you feel about a 200ft statue of Jesus in your backyard?

In my area there is this wealthy man who aspires to erect a 200 ft statue of Jesus atop a man made eyesore (an EPA superfund site to be exact). It would be on his property, but everyone in our city would have to look at it. What you do think of this? Would you want that in your city?
Personally, I wouldn't want a 200ft man made statue of anything looming over my backyard.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 5:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ummm..I wouldn't be very impressed with that at all. I mean why does it have to be so big? Why couldn't he make it smaller so that just he could see it?
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with it. It's his property and his money.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• http://www.redding.com/news/2009/jan/02/arman-dreams-of-developing-the-superfund-site-is/

here is a link to the story if anyone is interested
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 5:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well, it's his property so he can do what he wants, I suppose. I wouldn't like to look at it...but, I don't like to look at my neigbor's big monster truck in his yard either sooo...LOL! I would question why he feels the need to make it so large and then I guess I would get nasty and put up a statue of MY own that was as big or bigger than his and as ugly as it could be...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 5:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Depends what it looks like. If it's Buddy Christ, that would be worth it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• OH MAN! I would SO dig a statue of Buddy Christ! That would be AWESOME! LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 5:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm not into idolatry, but to each his own I guess.
    Anonymous

• i don't like looking at all the silly, walmart/dollar store end-of-summer clearance yard ornaments/statuaries that the couple across the street load up in their front yard, but....its legal, so my opinion doesn't count much.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• 200ft tall... wow. I personally probably wouldn't mind.... but I'm just one who says what the hell.... we have a pepto bismol house in our city..... literally pepto pink... has been for decades. Eyesore or landmark.... just depends on if you let it get to you or not. Right on thehairnazi....... I have a neighbor right next door who has this gaudy fountain statue of a naked man in their front yard that's always covered in bird poo.... just yards away from where I park my car..... I resist the urge to throw trash at it.... yes I do.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I do not know what he is trying to accomplish by having a 200 ft statue of Jesus in his yard. If you love him that much all he needs to do is make sure He is living in his heart.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009