What are some yummy easy on the check book recipes?

I am typing up a list of recipes to try over the next month, I have so far 8 recipes. Can you help me out and give me your yummy recipes?
I am trying hard to stick to a budget,I a a freezer that i am dipping into and trying to cook the meat thats in there to make room for more meat......
So easy, cheap but yummy!!!!!

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 5:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Italian chicken and rice. Put a pound of chicken breast (frozen or thawed) in the bottom of a pyrex, season with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning, and then dump a bottle of Italian dressing over it. Cook on 350 til it is done. I serve it with rice and the sauce from the pan is awesome over it. Also, don't use fat free dressing. Light is fine, but fat free ends up tasting like soap when its cooked.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My mom used to make a 'casserole' when I was a kid. Nothing special about it, but it's quick, easy, cheap, and the kids will eat it LOL

All you do is brown some hamburger meat, cook some mac'n' cheese, and open a can of ranch style beans. Then layer it all in a casserole dish so that the mac'n'cheese is on top and pop it in the oven until the beans are heated it upa nd it melts together (can add a little extra cheese to the mix if you want).

We always ate it with a salad & fries.

Something else I make all the time --- cook some pasta (I use the wide egg noodles, but it doesn't really matter), bakes some chicken & cut it up, and mix them together with Ragu cheesy sauces (you can find them with the spaghetti sauce). My husband LOVES it. Add a little cajun spice & some garlic bread --- super easy & super good.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I made bacon quiche this morning - cheap and lazy and tasty.
    Cut refrigerated pie crusts into circles (about a dozen on each crust if you use a small glass). Pop it into a muffin tin and push down (crusts were 1.99 for two at Aldi's.)

Chop up some pre-cooked bacon (2.19 at Aldi's) and put a little in the bottom of each crust.
    Beat up 4 eggs, a cup of milk, and some salt and pepper (beat the hell out of it so it'll come out fluffy). Cost about fifty cents

Pour egg mix over bacon in each crust. Top with sprinkle of shredded cheese (2.29 a bag at, you guessed it, Aldi's). Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
    This made us two dozen quiches and they tasted awesome. You can add chopped fresh veggies, sauteed in olive oil first, if you want. Or pretty much anything you might throw in an omelette (such as shredded/sliced ham lunchmeat, browned sausage, etc).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Speaking of raiding the freezer.... I had some keilbasa down there that I finally dug out today. Sliced it into sections, fried it a little, poured a bottle of BBQ sauce on it and let it simmer. Made homemade (sort of) mac& cheese with it (whole wheat rotini, boiled, drained, and dumped a jar of cheese whiz on it). we don't like the powdered mac & cheese.
    Total cost - .89 for BBQ sauce, .99 for rotini, and 1.39 for cheese whiz from (wait for it......) Aldis.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Chicken Pot Pie
    Chili Pie
    Cabbage Beef Soup
    Salmon Patties

Contact me if you want any of the recipes. : )
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2009