what's wrong with getting married and then having a baby?

before a lot of bashing goes on, i had an unplanned pregnancy before marriage myself and i'm not referring to those situations. What baffles me are all of these questions from people wanting tips on how to conceive, but with their boyfriends. i know there's no guarantee with marriages now a days, but I don't get purposely having children while not married. ok and here comes the bashing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hm, good question. I had my lil one with my hubby before we were married, and I'm sitting here trying to think why. I guess..we just couldn't wait to have our little one. That's the only answer I can think of for you. lol
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• who cares im not bashing but do you pay their bills etc etc I live with my SO we have 3 kids are not married and will probably never be I love him and he does me and we are happy that way

Anonymous

• I have to say I agree...but only because that's what my beliefs are. As a Christian, you're not supposed to do things that way. Does it happen? Sure. Does that mean the people involved go to Hell? No!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Lots of people look at marriage as a piece of paper.

I know someone who is 31, has 2 kids with 2 different women, & is on his third marriage already (we've got a money pot going on this one... hope I win! LOL).... then I know people who've never walked down the aisle, yet have been in committed relationships 20-30 years.... grandkids & all now.

I look at it that way, really. The way I see it, if you want to be together, you will be --- regardless of "legally" being a couple or not. And if you don't want to be, you won't --- again, regardless of any legal documentation.

I've been with my husband over 12 yrs.... married over 7 yrs now --- the reason we got married? I was pregnant with our 2nd child & his medical insurance was better than mine. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I dont see nothing wrong with it, I had unplanned pregnancy. I feel like this everyone is not raised the same and everyone makes mistakes and if it happened you should not be faulted for it. Because it already happened, as for people making judgement on people who had babies before they were married. You should not pay them any attention like I said everyone is not raised the same and everone makes mistakes. Good luck with everything.Some people have nothing better to do but bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i had an unplanned pregnancy and im still not married and there is nothing wrong with that as long as we both raise the baby i dont care we will probably get married but not anytime soon and thats fine
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• we planned our baby and are planning another one real soon. we arent married. maybe one day we will [only for financial benefits really i guess] but we dont feel like that piece of paper is going to hold our family together or make us more in love and happy than we are right now. too much pressure on marriage and doing things the "right" way. this IS the right way for us.
    mamajodi13

Answer by mamajodi13 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009