• In the Spotlight:

Any suggestions on good food to eat before, during and after labor?

I've read that a high carb meal before labor, with protein DURING labor, is the way to go to maintain high energy levels. So, eating a plate of pasta with some protein thrown in for good measure is the way to go?
I won't be delivering at a hospital, where they restrict your food/liquid intake. I'll be delivering at a birthing center with my midwife. Any suggestions on quick, easy meals to make would be welcome.

CreativeSpirit

Asked by CreativeSpirit at 4:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well with my first all i craved mostly was pasta, and my second was whatever, so pasta is good. i know during labor it would be a good idea to eat in fear that you might get sick everywhere, now if your midwife allows it i'm not on to argue, she knows what she's doing but it's just something to think about, after i got to eat whatever i wanted, well within reason because i was breastfeeding. so whatever you crave will be good.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 4:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i couldnt eat before but all i wanted after was protein.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i wasn't allowed ot eat during labor so i'm confused...again...
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2008