Did anyone ever scareyou like this?

I'm 35 wks pregnant......I am particularly big so everyone says..and everone keeps saying you'll never make it to the end of February with that baby and I'm paranoid he's gonna come early..? I just assume some people get bigger than others..and I've only gained 24lbs so ...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eh.. means nothing really. I was HUGE with all my kids --- because my kids were humongous! I was 10 days past due with #1 (9 lbs 4 oz). I was almost 2 wks over with #2 (10 lbs)... and then #3 & #4 were delivered via scheduled Csection at 38 wks & 37 wks.... but I was still getting the same comments very early on.

WIth #4.... she was actually "due" in March, but I had her delievery scheduled for Feb. 12. I was out Christimas shopping in mid-December & had countless comments from strangers about having "a Christmas baby".
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Hate that. Mom's belly size in no indication of going early, or the size of the baby. And just because a baby is big doesn't mean s/he will come early. Silly crap people say to pregnant women.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• hugs
    dont worry what everyone says. For some reason when people see a pg lady their mannors go out the window.
    I also was huge with all my kids and we made it to 38+ wks with them all.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thanks guys I feel better...I don't feel so alone...its just rude like new years eve at work...some man said are you gonna have the first baby of the year? I was like hope not ...he's not due til the end of february. and my sisters wedding is feb.7th and thats just 2 wks before my due date and im like omg ..im gonna miss everything and he is gonna be born early...my first time and im just paranoid i guess..but thanks for the comments
    Anonymous

• Even if you did have the baby now it would be fine. You're pretty much in the safe zone at this point. Of course it would be better to hang on longer but don't be scared. People should never comment on anyone's belly!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• everyone said that to me with my baby. she was due jan 13th they said you'll never make it til then i made it to jan 7th. you will be fine. only 2wks andit would be ok to have the baby anyway. just relax and dont worry so much GOOD LUCK
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• don't listen to them he will come when he feels like coming and only then i wouldn't worry at all you could just be all baby i was told i would be lucky if my daughter was 5lbs and she was almost 8lbs so doctors even don't know they just guess like we all do
    Anonymous

• What does your gut tell you? Seriously. I knew from the first with my son that his due date wasn't Oct 28, but was actually Oct 25. My dad got remarried Oct 6 that year and I was there (3 1/2 hours away from home and my OB) DANCING. My water broke at 11:30 pm on Oct 25th and my son was born the next day at 6:11 pm. If you FEEL that you'll make it past your sis's wedding then you probably will. Don't listen to anyone about "your belly is so big, you're not going to make it" ... OR "you're going to have a humongous baby" because you could be carrying extra water (and your belly isn't going to grow much between now and the end, your baby is mostly gaining fat at this point).
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I hate that. With my 2nd, everyone told me I was going to go early, and I ended up having him 2 days past my due date. I got my hopes up about going early, and the end of my pregnancy, especially those last 2 days were the longest EVER. My belly tends to look big when I'm pregnant, b/c I'm always all belly. From the back, you can't tell at ALL that I'm pregnant so it's not like I get wide at all. Between not getting big anywhere else and the baby being all out front, I look especially pregnant. Obviously I'm not THAT big, b/c I still have a few non-maternity shirts that I wear.
    Like someone else said, people see a pregnant woman and seem to lose all their manners. It's a shame.
    Soccer_Mama

Answer by Soccer_Mama at 10:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I say don't listen to those people...don't let them worry you for nothing.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009