You think Obama Mamas don't give credit to Bush?

I have 3 positive things to say about our last President.

1. No Child Left Behind was a GREAT idea although it has been executed VERY poorly which is NOT his fault
2. I LOVE his pro-immigration policies and he has the right idea about helping immigrants
3. His behaviors in the last days has been much more responsible- I could have lived with this president who was more serious than cowboyish most of the time.

So there, I have complimented Bush. Does anyone else have a compliment that supports Obama for Bush?

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 6:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I loved Bush,he did what he had to do to keep our country safe after 9/11. I give him so much credit for that!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I am for Obama, But what bush did after 9/11 was just "FANTASTIC". He is only Human he will make mistakes just like everyone will.

4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Ummm. This is hard because I keep comong back to the question, "Are you better off now than you were eight years ago" and the answer is a resounding NO.

But....well...

The stimulus package last year. It gave the economy a temporary boost and helped us out.

He also was smart enough to extend unemployment when it was needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• He kept us from being attacked again after 9/11

He kept the economy stable after 9/11(until the last year and that wasnt completely his fault)

He did the Amber Alert(if I am correct on that)which has proven to be a success

He supported and helped small businesses
    Anonymous

• I think we're the only people better off during Bush's 8 years in office than the 8 years before under Clinton, but my dh's family was in steel and Copperweld closed down when China was given favored trading nation status, allowing them to compete unfairly with US made steel.
    Under Clinton, I couldn't find work (as a banker) and dh had a hard time also- he finally got into a good company 6 years ago when the industry picked up (by a company who exported steel from overseas but had to process it for construction uses here) and we were finally able to buy a house. 2 years ago I got an excellent banking position, so yes, our life was definitely better under Dubya.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thanks for that. I wish we could get into supporting what is good. Everyone screws up and everyone does good. I will be 100% behind Obama. I want him to succeed. I hope what he wants to do works and that we all work together.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think that Bush did wonderful things. I agree with the No Child Left Behind Act, although not in it's entirety. I think he kept us safe after 9/11 albeit some think that he was too extreme and I think that he took criticism in stride and handled himself as a gentleman during his final days as the POTUS.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'll go with the previous poster because my husband is also in the steel business. Fortunately, he's with a good company but they did benefit when Bush came down on the imported steel by increasing the tariffs. For anyone who doesn't know...it's not just about the money either...China's steel isn't as strong as ours and they aren't held to the standards ours is...so, it's not as good. So, there ya go...I said something nice about him...now I gotta go shower...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Either way, you couldn't pay me enough to be POTUS. I got enough grief getting my 14 YO son to agree with me on anything, let alone 280 million other people!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Plylerjones, cute!
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009