Will you give me contructive criticism/honest opinions?

I just started up a small cookie business and set up a website. I would love to get input/comments from expecting moms. The cookies are made for baby showers. I'm going to add a paypal method of payment, but other than that, I need to know if I should make other changes. Btw - the prices are about 1/2 of what other places charge. Do they still seem too high? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The website is: http://s1.webstarts.com/TheCookieJunkie/
You'll have to copy and paste in your browser. Thanks for your time, and congrats to all of you on your new arrivals! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• First, and most important, buy yourself a domain name so your web address is easy for people to remember and use (like www.thecookiejunkie.com) or nobody will ever find you again. I don't understand why you are offering the cookies on a stick individually for $3 witha minimum of 10 when you have 12 for $15. I would just have the 12 for $15 if you want a minimum order of 10. The only other suggestion I have is offer a color other than pink for girls like purple for moms like me who aren't fans of pink but we know it's a girl. Maybe offer green too as an alternative for boys or as a neutral. That is just a gee-wiz thing for me though... not a big deal :)
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think they are cute...but a little more variety. Different cookie flavors? More cutout options? More options on packaging?
    Anonymous

• Is there a contact page with an address or phone or a testimony page or some reason to entice us to buy your cookies vs. another company? Are you written up anywhere? Where do you deliver and what are delivery costs and by whom do you deliver? I don't shop for cookies so I can't price compare but they look pretty and professional and the site is attractive. Somehow you have to get your name out there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thanks for your reply!

I offer custom colors, so if someone doesn't want the ones picutered, I can do others like the purple and green you mentioned. I think I put that on the description pages. Should I put it somewhere else on the pages? I thought the cookies on a stick look cuter. Maybe I wouldn't offer the "by the dozens"? Geesh, I'm so new at this I can't think clearly! :) Thanks again for checking out my site.
    Anonymous

• I think it is fabulous and I do agree with the previous replies. Buying yourself a domain name is great. Advertise! I think it is all great right now....but you need to put more colors especially...purple, a dark blue, red....and mix and match colors. When I threw a party for my best friend, her colors were light blue and brown - it would be neat to have a package with a mixture of two colors ya know? The prices seem good. I would be interested. You need to put where you are located and where you deliver to and such. Good luck
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 6:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i just wish you lived near me! lol i love those cookies =D
    they look tasty but yea their should be different flavors
    but mmmm sugar cookies are good too =)
    you should have peanut butter cookies =D
    ahh!! i want cookies now! lol
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• So cute. It looks great. I do agree that a domain name would be helpful, but it is not completely necessary when you are just starting out. Maybe you could appleal to a wider range if you also did bridal shower cookies (wedding bells, veils, shoes, etc)... If you did this, you could even rent a table at bridal shows to attract customers! Also maybe make different flavors of cookies to mix in. For example you could sell a trey of cookies, some decorated, some not, all kinds of cookies. These work great at parties :). Good start, good luck girl!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• first I would try adding green to the color scheme... as well as including a section for disney characters for moms that are doing themes... the on section has slides, and that makes it difficult to see what they offer... I would do individual pictures instead. other than those it looks good.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Honest, sincere criticism.... no meanness intended. It just didn't grab me. It was bland and nothing popped. It didn't seem to have a personal feel. Like, yes I saw that you offer 'custom colors' , but there are no samples of the other colors (we're lazy... we don't want to say purple and find out your purple is a heathery-blue/gray.....we want to see samples). And those pots that the bouquets come it... plain. Even the paper was plain. Example; the first page is the yellow cookies with yellow paper..... the cookies do not pop on the background of muted yellow... it just makes the brown pot stand out. My best friend is having a grandchild and I've been looking for ideas for gifts for the shower... I wouldn't purchase this because it says 'minimal'.....To end on a good note.... this looks like a good start and I commend you for seeking feedback. That's brave. AND this is a great, absolutely great idea!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Oh yeah, I put your website in my favorites.... when I checked it the name came up as "My Website". If I was looking for that a month from now... I wouldn't recognize it as Cookie Bouquets... really.... invest in buying the domain name.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009